About Indian Idol:
‘Indian Idol’ is a Hindi reality singing competition, famous all over the country. This show was inspired from the Hollywood TV reality show, ‘Pop Idol’. Through this reality show, many young talented people are getting a chance and stage, to showcase their talent. The first season, was aired on 2004-2005, followed by five seasons aired in the consecutive years. However, season 6 was aired on 2012 and after a long wait of four years, now they are back with season 7. The Sony Televisions are presenting the Indian Idol seasons and they have reported that, audiences have been waiting so long to see the next season.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 1:
The first season of the famous TV show was aired from October, 2004-March, 2005 on Sony TV. The judges for the first season were Anu Malik, Sonu Nigam and Farah Khan and it was hosted by Aman Verma and Mini Mathur.
Winner of the Show: Abhijeet Sawant. He released his first album ‘Aap Ka Abhijeet’ and he also represented in ‘Asian Idol’ and came third. His second album ‘Junoon’ was a successful one and he also made a debut in the movie ‘Lottery’. However, the movie was not a big hit in box office.
1st runner-up: Amit Sana. He went on to release his solo album
2nd runner-up: Rahul Vaidhya. He became a host in Star plus channel and hosted ‘Aaja Mahi ve’ and he has also hosted dance reality show ‘Jhoom India’ He has also contributed to the sound track of the film ‘Shaadi No: 1’. He later won the singing reality show ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar’, in which Abhijeet Sawant came as first runner-up.
3rd runner-up: Prajakta Shukre.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 2:
The second season was aired from November, 2005 to April, 2006. The judges spot were retained for Anu Malik, Sonu Nigam and Farah Khan.
Winner of the Show: Sandeep Acharya. After winning the competition he signed a contract with Soy BIG worth Rs.10 million. However, the talented singer lost hos life to Jaundice on December, 2013 in his hometown, Bikaner.
1st runner-up: N.C.Karunya. She was the favourite among the judges and was declared unofficial winner of the show.
2nd runner-up: Anuj Sharma
3rd runner-up: Amey Date. He was a contestant in the musical game show ‘Music ka Maha Muqqabla’ and also participated singing reality show ‘Jo Jeeta Wohi Sperstar’
Winner of Indian IdolSeason 3:
Third season was aired from May, 2007 to September, 2007. The judges were Anu Malik, Javed Akhtar, Alisha Chinai and Udit Narayan. The third season was hosted by Hussain Kuwajerwala and Mini Mathur.
Winner of the Show: Prashant Tamang. He created a solo album as per his contract with Sony and he also conducted world tour of shows.
1st runner-up: Amit Paul. He sang the song ‘Pyaar ki Dastaan’ in the movie Luck by chance.
2nd runner-up: Emon Chatterjee. He along with Deepali Kishore release I Love you, composed by Anu Malik , for the film Don Muthu Swami.
3rd runner-up: Ankita Mishra. Ankita along with Amit Paul, represented India in the Indian Carnival in Kuwait, 2007.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 4:
The fourth season was aired from September, 2008 to March, 2009. In this season, there were 2 women, among the top 3 finalist. The judges were Anu Malik, Javed Akhtar, Kailash Kher and Sonali Bendre and the show was hosted by Hussain Kuwajerwala and Meiyang Chang, who was placed fifth in the Indian Idol season 3.
Winner of the Show: Sourabhee Debbarma. She also signed a contract with Sony Entertainment Television and TATA Winger worth INR 1 crore. She released an album, Meherbaan as per her contract with SONY.
1st runner-up: Kapil Thapa. He was part of the Indian Army. He has won many awards for singing in his Army band.
2nd runner-up: Remo Ghosh
3rd runner-up: Torsha Sarkar. She sang the song ‘Salam Karne Ki Aarzoo Hai’ from the blockbuster movie ‘Umrao Jaan’.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 5:
The fifth season was aired in Sony TV on 2010 and it went on till August, 2010. The judges were Anu Malik, Salim Merchant and Sunidhi Chauhan. Meiyang Chang hosted the show.
Winner of the show: Sreeramchandra Mynampati. He is the first one from South India to win the show. He has already made a debut in a Telugu movie
1st runner-up: Bhoomi Trivedi. She became host for many singing competition.
2nd runner-up: Rakesh Maini
3rd runner-up: Swaroop Khan
Winner of Indian Idol Season 6:
The sixth season was aired in Sony TV from June, 2012 to September, 2012. The judges of the season were Anu Malik, Sunidhi Chauhan, Salim Merchant and Asha Bhosle. The show was hosted by Mini Mathur and Hussain Kuwajerwala.
Winner of the Show: Vipul Mehta. He was known for his albums ‘Rowaan mein’ and ‘Hello Namaste Sat Sri Akal’. He bagged a cash prize of 50 lacs, a Nissan micra car, Suzuki Hayate Bike and a contract with Sony for his album.
1st runner-up: Devendra Pal Singh
2nd runner-up: Amit Kumar. He lent his voice for the album ‘Indian Idol- Fabulous Four’. He is known for his strong and bold voice.
Winner of Indian Idol Season 7 (2017):
LV Revanth became the winner of Indian Idol Season 7 (2017)
first runners-up was Khuda Baksh, the second runners-up was PVNS Rohit.
The seventh season of the show is back after 4 years and has lot of expectations from the audience. Since the last six seasons were a huge success and singers were able to mesmerise the judges and audience with their melodious voice. Since there are many talents that are yet to be discovered in India, we hope this season will be a gateway to those talents.
- The first judge finalized was Anu Malik, he has been in the judge panel for the last six seasons. He has also represented India in the Asian Idol, where he was one of the judges.
- The second judge is Sonu Nigam, who is a famous Bollywood singer. He has been in the judge panel for the first two seasons.
- The third judge is Farah Khan. She is back in Indian Idol after 10 years.
Karan Wahi, is the Host for Indian Idol season 7 or Indian Idol 9. Karan is the former cricketer, actor, model and host.
Top 14 Finalists:
- Tajinder Singh: He is a well known singer and has lot of followers online.
- Manya narang: She has been singing from the age of 8 and she has also participated in various reality shows before Indian Idol.
- L V Revanth: He is playback singer in Tollywood. He sang ‘Manohari’ from the famous blockbuster movie ‘Baahubali’.
- Mohit Chopra: He is a real find for Indian Idol 9; he sang ‘Tera Ishq Sufiyana’ and impressed all the 3 judges instantly.
- Maalavika Sundar: She is a professional playback singer, who has sung in several tollywood movies.
- R P Shravan: She is also considered one of the strongest contestants of the season.
- Hardeep Singh: He has practice in singing for over 7 years.
- Jeli Kayi: He is a famous stage singer and has lot of popularity on Social Media.
- Bharti Gupta: She is also an experienced singer, who sang in many reality competitions.
- Mansi Bhardwaj: She has been performing in stages before she found the Indian Idol Stage to showcase her talent.
- Rohit PVNS: He is from Telanagana and huge followers in YouTube and Social Media.
- Stuti Tiwari: She has also appeared in another singing reality show SAREGAMAPA Little Champ 2011.
- Khuda Baksh: He is a very promising singer from a humble background, whose dream is to become a professional singer.
- Saumya Mishra: She has already auditioned in Indian Idol 6, unfortunately couldn’t make it to the top 12.
Since the ‘Top 14’ contestants, have a great experience in singing and have performed so well in all the episodes, it will be a hard time for both the judges and as well as public, to select a particular person for the top 14. Let’s hope the singer who deserves the title, wins it.
Stay tuned for the Finalist and the winner of the contest.