Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar, is the Indian Politician from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), who has been selected as the Chief Minister of Goa, in the 2017 state legislative election. Before serving as CM, he was with Prime Minister Narendra Modi Government and he served as Defence Minister of India from 2014-2017.
He has joined the Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh(RSS) at a very young age and became the chief instructor during the final year of schooling. After his graduation from IIT, he continued with RSS and became the local director at the age of 26. He was later selected as the member of BJP. In BJP, he was selected as a member of the State Legislative assembly in the year, 1994.
He was made the leader of the opposition party from June to November, 1999. He won the election for Chief Minister of Goa, in October 24, 2000. He was also re-elected in the year 2002 and served another term as Chief minister. Currently, due to MGP, which has announced that we will support BJP, only if Manohar Parrikar takes up as CM of Goa, following which he was made CM of Goa on March 14, 2017.
How Tall is Manohar Parrikar: 5’8”
Manohar’s Net Worth: INR 3.5 crores
Manohar Parrikar’s Biography:
- Name: Manohar Gopalkrishna Prabhu Parrikar
- Nick Name: Manohar Parrikar
- Profession: Politician, Chief Minister of Goa
- Date of Birth: December 13, 1955
- Age: 61 years
- Zodiac: Sagittarius
- Weight: 76 kg
- Schooling: Loyola High School, Margao, New Goa High School, Goa Poona Board
- College: Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Qualification: Metallurgical Engineering
- Father: GopalKrishna Parrikar
- Mother: Radhabai Parrikar
- Siblings: Avdhut Parrikar (Brother)
- Marital Status: Widower
- Spouse: Late Medha Parrikar
- Children: Abhijit Parrikar, Utpal Parrikar